Monday, January 16, 2017

Star Trek U.S.S. Excelsior Part 4: The Dark Side Triumphs

Depending on the light in the photos you see vastly different colors.  After applying the clear coat it became much too dark.

The bottom line is I did not hit the target that I was aiming for. There isn't a whole lot that I can do about it but move on and finish up.

These photos show up a bit darker than in person because of the overblown LEDs. The lights really aren't that bright, it's just the iPhone camera overdoing it.


On the saucer I purposely went a bit dark because I intend on masking off the aztec patterns and then lightening it all up. Hopefully it will have just enough contrast to see that pattern without it sticking out like Dog's balls.


I started masking the bottom last night. It is very time consuming and bent-neck intensive. I fear that I'm going to end up with the saucer section being a lot lighter than the rest of the ship. In the end I think that I am going to end up with an overall very dark iteration of the ship. Which will be ugly. We shall see.

1 comment: