Sunday, January 15, 2017

Star Trek U.S.S. Excelsior Part 3: Don't be a Dummy!


A Small update for today. I masked off all the blue areas to paint the main hull color using the masking kit from Aztek Dummy.
















As it turns out I failed at hitting the color target I was shooting for. I think I ended up somewhere in between the studio model colors and the "screen" colors. Not much that I can do about it now, but carry on.
























I have some clean up to the on the pylons. I got some gray overspray on the blue trim areas. Nothing a little masking and retouch won't fix.
















I'm working on the saucer details now. I will need to put a semi-gloss coat down and let that dry for a day or two. Then apply the Aztec masks and lightly overspray the whole thing with the base color. If all goes well, when the masks are removed those areas will be just a tad darker than the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment