Saturday, February 22, 2020

1:350 Star Trek Pre TOS era ship S.S. Columbia Finale

I got the painted styrene piece mounted to the base. Then I got to getting the decals applied. I designed the decals in Illustrator and Jack printed them for me on some decal paper. I also used some extra decals that had left over from various kits.







































Once that was all finished I went over it with another coat of Tamiya TS-13 gloss and let it sit for the week. Today I went out and hit it with a few light coats of Tamiya TS-80 Matte to finish it all up. Then I mounted it to the base. In hindsight I should not have mounted it dead center on the wooden plaque as it is very nose heavy. A longer brass rod might have been better too. Oh, well. All in all I'm pretty happy with it.






No comments:

Post a Comment