Friday, January 10, 2020

Aoshima 1/72 Genesis Climber Mospeada Armo-Fighter and Armo-Soldier Part 2

A small update today. I've been working on this as I can after work. I got the fighter all wired up and working. It's hard to get a shot where the LEDs don't blow out the camera and look too bright.



Started putting the mech together. I had planned to run all of the wires down one leg but the bundle is too big. There is no room inside the "knee" to accommodate the wires. So I will just have to run it out the back. Not ideal but I guess its no different than the post that the fighter is being held up with. We just ignore it as not part of the model.





The kit came with  tiny little pilot figure that I attempted to paint. Not too bad considering its only about 20mm tall.









Once I got the mech all put together, painted and the decals on I wanted to make sure all of the LEDs were still working. They are a bit pinpoint bright so I will have to come up with a lense or some kind of cover to diffuse them a bit. I have an idea that I will try tonight. If that goes well, I need to put another gloss coat over the decals, let that sit for a day and then dullcoat the whole thing. Then I can solder all the wires to the base and get the mech into place. 




1 comment: